Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pride and Prejudice doll

Love me some Jane Austen! I finished my "Pride and Prejudice" doll - Elizabeth Bennet, clearly, because chapters about her are printed on her dress and bonnet. Inkjet printing on the fabric worked well, once I got a working printer. She's made from paperclay with tiny slippers, a silk bonnet, and a lightweight cotton dress with embroidered organza overlay.

jane austen doll
elizabeth bennet doll
pride and prejudice doll


elizabeth bennet doll


First of a series, I'm sure. Paperclay is very different from polymer and cloth. On one hand, it's not as breakable or heavy as polymer. Painting and finishing paperclay is tricky - I need to work on that.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog and must tell you how much I ardently love and admire your work -- especially this doll. Have you gone commercial? Is there a place I can purchase this doll?

    ReplyDelete